Will RIM mounting the TAPS crack the Bath ? ACRYLIC BATH

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
quick question (ahem ! )

my bath is very slim on the edges, id like to mount the taps in the middle of the length, but there is only, approx 1cm clearance all round ( AFTER making the hole for tap )

will it be enough ? or am i risking cracking the rim ?

cheers..............how come u guys know so much, and me so little ?!!!

Sponsored Links
You can use plastic top hat washers underneath to spread the pressure, but cracking would be a risk I think. Depends how strong the bath is!

yes, no what u mean, no real way of telling !

what about a piece of wood, to spread the load over a longer area ?

Sponsored Links
or use wall mounted taps.

boogsy said:
..............how come u guys know so much, and me so little ?!!!

Spend all evening, every evening looking at the forum. Sad? You bet.

Is the bath made for side mounted taps, if not why didn't you buy one that is.

You will also need to make sure that the taps can turn without hitting the wall, take into account tile thickness etc, this can be a problem on normal baths that need chopping into the plaster to get them in.

Jason

Remember if you fit the taps at the back against the wall that in 5 years time you will be taking the bath out to change the taps, plus if you use the plastic backnuts to fix the taps you will be taking it out in fortnight to tighten the bl**ddy things up again when they spin round loose in the holes, either that or take out the wall behind and leave the bath in :mad:

this was the ONLY bath shape/size in UK that would fit my bathroom !!!

ideally, floor standing taps are the best, but i saw some in B+Q and they were 598 squid.

are these people crazy ? 600 notes for some taps ?

so yeah, that was the ONLY choice of bath I had , NO MENTION of where to mount taps or not in manual

SO DOES THIS MEAN, if I mount the taps and the bath later cracks, that I can state that there was no mention in the manual, and it was REASONABLE to mount them on rim side ???

hi

i got the AVOCADO, from Bathroom Heaven.

it seems a good bath, quite thick Acrylic, and nicely finished.

Drilled out a hole today, with 25mm cutter, WAS PERFECT !!

only thing is , I needed a 27mm hole, but was advised to drill a smaller hole and file it out - NOT NEEDED on this bath at least, as the hole was a gem.

so next hole will be a true 27mm.

cheers

BOOGSY

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back