Crack in acrylic bath rim.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any help appreciated please. I bought an acrylic bath in February and after delivery stored in spare room. Only started to fit today and have noticed 3 small cracks on rim on bath tap end but very close to corner like it has been dropped. Once fitted and siliconed I am pretty sure it will be hidden as it on the rim on the tap end but what is the likelihood of the cracks extending over the edge of the bath to become visible. Gave it a cursory check on delivery and only noticed today after peeling off the film layer. Is there anything I can do to prevent cracks spreading.Any advice welcome.

Sponsored Links
Depends how deep the cracks go, if they're full depth then only thing that can be done to stop crack, same fix as in glass, is to drill small holes just beyond the end of the cracks and then fill with isopon, sand smooth and then touch up with acrylic.

If not full depth then sand till cracks disappear then repair the same way, lot of work to repair and you need to be experienced to get it right TBH.

Best leaving it alone unless you're confident.

Many thanks for reply. Unfortunately the cracks are too near the top to drill beyond them. Will just have to leave it alone. Serves me right for not checking thoroughly on delivery. Very poor quality in every regard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back