Warped acrylic bath - options?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I ripped out and replaced old bathroom recently, including fitting a new acrylic bath with mixer bar shower over it.

After fitting the bath, I noticed that the water is pooling on the side of the bath against the tiled wall. Checked the levels of the bath and it's level all around. But you can quite clearly see that the side of the bath is slightly warped in the centre and running down to the tiles, which is causing the water pooling.

Not sure if this happened during fitting and we didn't notice it...could have been a manufacturing issue but impossible to tell now. Or perhaps the bath has warped slightly by being sat in the garage stored upright for 9 months.

I've tried to slacken 2 of the legs nearest the wall to see if that removes the warp but it's had no effect.

I wondered if anyone had come across this issue and whether you managed to resolve it? The bathroom is south facing and gets very hot even in winter so I wondered whether the legs were slightly too tight and have pushed the bath side up slightly... I was thinking maybe of slackening the legs off and leaving some weight in the bath for a few days to see if the warp corrects itself.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Most likely storing for those 9 months:( can the edge be set further into the wall ?

is it possible to gently support the dip from underneath so when the bath is empty there a little bit off push or support

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back