Will search engines find text in header.

Sponsored Links
well, its the strangest website construction I've ever seen. Actually, your java isn't in the header. The header is what comes between <head> and </head> and you text is after that, but before <body>. There shouldn't be anything between </head> and <body>. Maybe this accounts for the erratic performance of the page loading?

I found the site hard to follow, why not just make it a static html that you scroll down to read the storyboard? Just download kompozer from mozilla.org and build the site like a word document.

Actually, your java isn't in the header. The header is what comes between <head> and </head> and you text is after that, but before <body>. There shouldn't be anything between </head> and <body>. Maybe this accounts for the erratic performance of the page loading?
Thanks I had just not really thought about it. Now moved <body> to before Java Script and it seems to work exactly the same.

However now maybe Google with find the text. Just need to wait now and see.

you're going to have a task ahead getting google to index you without a domain name that reflects the content, and with no meta tags in the header. I suggest you read that up a bit.
The way to get index is to get the index bot to visit and the two ways to do that are a) get a link from a site that's already in the index or b) submit it to them here you may need to sign up to webmaster tools before you can do that.

Sponsored Links
Thank you once satisfied with the results the pages will go to this http://www.freetheforest.org/ site however I have in the past written pages without testing on line and found faults with caps and lower case for example so wanted to test on line first.

Joomla seems to be next problem. Seems orignal page written using that system and so up-loading may not be as simple as expected. However that's not my problem.

To start with I called it Ideas in action as I felt the single image shown using svBuilder was not really showing what was required. Every picture tells a story but without some text to guide the story is lost.

90% needs twin pictures before - after, summer - winter, or close-up - overview pictures tend to show more as pairs. Where a third is required using the frame work I have written I can even include that.

At first I went for manual with tick box for auto but then reversed thinking with auto and click "StopAuto Previous" to go into manual mode. So if the viewer does nothing he is taken through the whole sequence.

I have got it to do a double run through the slides before going to next page but not sure on that. Maybe once is enough?

My speed slider failed to work with IE although A1 with Firefox so I went to the fast / slow buttons with three speeds.

Speed is a problem and the more text the longer it needs to wait at a slide so I produced a line count system so entering the number of lines of text adjusts the time each slide is shown.

Had complaints on waving Welsh flag and marquee so both ditched although some older pages still have them.

The drop down menu I nicked from the Joomla site not sure how it works but it does.

Search was modified so you could select which site.

I can change back-grounds and headings but again that has in the main been dropped. However with http://gw7mgw.freeiz.com/Coed-Nant-Gain/ffestiniog.html to show the whole picture with last two slides I still drop the header.

This series of pages has been 6 months in the making with a little tweak here and another tweak there some unseen to user like now all the items for each slide are together.

Even what to call things. Could not call each pair a page or frame as those words already used so I call them slides.

Little things like the search with Ffestiniog has a white back-ground I considered this was not really required so on the index page less intrusive.

Each person who views the page seems to have comments some I use some I don't but I do consider them all.

It is an idea in action and until it is transferred to Iliff's web site I can change how it looks hourly. Once transferred likely it will remain at least 6 months.

I realise there are some errors on Iliff's page one being the use of flash which will not show on any apple mac device which of course includes the Iphone. However likely it will take some time to correct.

This is why I want to iron out the bugs before the pages are transferred.

Fair enough. How it should look all depends on who your audience will be. If you were google indexed I think your bounce rate would be very high, but if all your visitors are people who go to your address specifically to see this material then it doesn't need to conform to regular presentation rules.

To be honest the site as is looks a mess - sorry.

The background is split for starters.

I just ran your site through the HTML validator and it threw up 90 odd errors including such as the error in the line 6

<LINK REL="SHORTCUT ICON" HREF="http://gw7mgw.freeiz.com/Backgroundpics/CNGcrest.gif">

You have declared a doctype of xhtml and all tags MUST be in lower case otherwise they are ignored and cause errors.

You have multiple used of 'id="foot" '. 'id' is a unique identifier and as such should only be used once in a page. For multiple uses use 'class='

Errors such as these could cause major search engine problems.

Thank you I will start correcting them although it now seems a little pointless as seems the main web designers are using Joomla and it seems unlikely that they will be able to upload my pages onto the main site.

Using the convert function in Dreamweaver seems to have corrected or high lighted many of the problems you have raised so again many thanks for pointing out my errors.

Sponsored Links
Back