Will steaming paper off walls cause problems with wood floor install?

Reaction score
Country
France
Hi folks,

I'm planning on laying solid wood oak boards on elastilon over tile. If I have boards sitting in the rooms they are to be installed in for 2/3 weeks beforehand and then I use a steamer to get the wallpaper off the walls - will I be able to lay the boards immediately after - or will the additional moisture I have created cause problems?

Also, I guess the bigger the expansion gap around the edges the better - but skirting is only going to cover up around 10mm or so. What do you do when a higher gap is recommended? I really don't want to have to use beading - are there alternative solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
The jury is still out on this Elastilon underlay although maybe its ideal for the DIY'er? But solid oak is expensive anywhere.
Acclimatise the boards in another room at a natural temp.

You can use a moulded or pencil round trim with a 15mm - 18mm x 50mm section in place of the scotia.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back