Will the inspector visit?

BMS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Im a bit unsure about a project that I want to undertake, does anyone know if the building inspector will visit my house so that I can show him what I plan to do before I actually put A hammer to anything? Thanks.

Sponsored Links
No would be my guess!

They would probably tell you to apply for building regs and confirm compliance at the plan checking stage.

If you want advice, my guess would be you need to get an architectural technician or structural engineer.

Builders are often extremely knowledgable, but unless you a good mate thats one, you dont stand much chance of getting somebody round.

They are an inspection service and not an advisory one.

Most don't like clueless builders let alone DIYers.

They may offer opinion on what things will be accepted, but that tends to be after an application is in. They have cut right down on the number of inspections nowadays and if you call them out over and above the allotted number of times then they is a charge for the privilege.

But having said that, most will offer advice on what needs to be done but that might not include how to do it.

Sponsored Links
My BCO has been very helpful on what he wants to see. Useful for me as a novice. But, I have paid for BC. I’m sure as others have said they’d tell me where to go as a freebie

• Thanks
Reactions: BMS
Some inspectors down this neck of the woods will pop out for a look-see/chat before any application has been applied for. So maybe worth a shout.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back