Will this bathroom extractor fan fit the vent?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

There is a "silent" bathroom extractor fan I'd like to order from the Internet.

This would need fixing into or at the face of the existing ceiling vent in the bathroom. (concrete ceiling, circular hole leads straight up and out) However, the vent is about 10.5" x 11.25", larger than the extractor fan which is 8.2" x 8.2".

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130592413211?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

What would the easiest way of installing this be, in an aperture which is seemingly too big?

-- Also, do you think the extractor fan will be a better solution to just having the vent? Bathroom is about 3metres by 1.5 at a guess. If it's not worth it I could leave it out.

Many thanks!

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
when you take the vent off, what size and shape is the duct?

Looking upwards to the sky, the vent is a clear circular vent. I imagine the diameter would be about an inch, if that, less than the dimensions given for the square vent covering. So I'm guessing the circular vent has a diameter of about 9.5". (away from home at the moment, can't measure precisely)

Thanks for any advice.

Sponsored Links
The link is to a 4inch fan,? ideally fit a larger 6inch to get effective air movement, ensure fan is suitable for ceiling mounting, not all are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back