Wills

Sponsored Links
Personally I would rather have a professional will via solicitor, some of them are charging a reasonable fee around £50. Unless your will is very straight forward.

The problem I have learnt regarding the diy will if it's not worded correctly, it can be a headache sorting it out.

For an example: I leave £5000 to Mr & Mrs Smith. Is that £5000 in total or £5000 each?

Did ours through local solicitor about £70, they keep it in their safe, along with house deeds for no extra fee

Sponsored Links
I made a will yesterday at solicitors . Cost £150 --but after haggling- 10% of £135 (well every little bit helps).

Benefit off a will made at solicitors is - THEY will keep it in their safe (you will also have a copy of it at home.

They will also know all the legalities of a will - and hopefully NO mistakes will be made .
They will also do a 'statement of Reasons' --that is - a attatchment to the will which gives /states reasons - just why you have not left anything/or limited stuff to certain members of your family (if they contested it).

So- why bother DIY ?? . It's a lot of burgering about for a saving of peanuts .

Nobody likes solicitors but- for 'this' particular subject-- It really does make sense .

If you want a Free will- October is about the best month -- lots of organisations RSPCA, RSPCA and RSPCA and a few others too- advertise - . You can visit approved solicitors and they will draw up a will totally free for you-- just as long as you promise to leave a few bucks to RSPCA or others .

I made a will yesterday

Yeah sure mate. Go tell your porkies elsewhere. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I know it is just 'ONE LINE JOE' trying to bait me . No probs-- I'll chat to you Joe . It must be horrible to always be alone .

Regarding my post - I was only trying to help a person who asked a question.

I know you could not have answered such a question- because when you expire- only people who would bedealing with your 'leftovers' would be 'official receivers'.
I thank the Lord-- I am not in your position . I hope things pick-up for you Joe .
God bless you .

Tell us when you had your lobotomy. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

It really isn't worth going down the DIY route for a will. This can turn into a complex area if wordings and intentions aren't crystal clear (remember you won't be around to ask what ypou meant). As an example (even though she used a soliciter) my late Grandmother left a sum five figure sum of money to her local church steeple restoration fund, trouble was the steeple had been fully restored before she died. Lots of wrangling between church and family over who got the dough I think I paid around £150 which was two consultations (second to check and agree the will) and storage of the original. Trying to save a small amopunt of legal fees now could mean huge fees down the lin.

Are you a union member, Unite have a free will writing service done through a company of proper solicitors.

Personally I would rather have a professional will via solicitor, some of them are charging a reasonable fee around £50. Unless your will is very straight forward.

We keep saying we'll write a will, but never seem to get around to it. When we do, it should be a simple one:
If I die first, she gets it all; if she dies first, I get it all; if we both die together, shared equally between four siblings.

I reckon a good solicitor will charge us about a tenner!

We keep saying we'll write a will, but never seem to get around to it. When we do, it should be a simple one:
If I die first, she gets it all; if she dies first, I get it all; if we both die together, shared equally between four siblings.

I reckon a good solicitor will charge us about a tenner!

YOU reckon wrong . You get what you pay for .

For a tenner- you pays yer money and takes your chance.
Maybe you want tax relief on the Tenner too ?. ;)

Are you a union member, Unite have a free will writing service done through a company of proper solicitors.

With the utmost of respect-- Nothing is for free.
There are always conditions.
Main condition is that the 'free solicitors' act as trustees and executors. That is when they HAMMER away at what you leave behind.
Will cost your beneficiaries loads.

Yep, if you still have half a brain (so excluding several on 'ere) you don't want to be putting a solicitor in as executor.

They will steal as much as they can.

Make a family member an executor, and if it's all too much for them, then let them instruct a solicitor for the tricky stuff, and keep an eye on them.

If you can run your own life (so excluding several on 'ere) you can sort out the stuff in a will.

Sponsored Links
Back