slides

C

cantaloup63

Odd question, but have any of you got any microscopic slides you'd be willing to lend me? I can get hold of a microscope and some basic slides, but was just wondering if anyone had any more exotic ones :)

Sponsored Links
Got to check out a system at the school of medicine, anthrax any good?

Got to check out a system at the school of medicine, anthrax any good?
give it wipe over with your tongue first :D

I know it's a strange thing to ask, but I used to have a few before my London house had a fire a few years ago and my old microscope got trashed. :cry:

Sponsored Links
Bad face **** face.....................

Not gonna fall for it, singing along to Sara (Fleetwood Mac) hot fresh coffee and a cold slice of xmas pud..............bliss

Odd question, but have any of you got any microscopic slides you'd be willing to lend me? I can get hold of a microscope and some basic slides, but was just wondering if anyone had any more exotic ones :)

I chucked all mine when I left home. As you work in a school, have you asked the bio teachers?

Cheers

G

I chucked all mine when I left home. As you work in a school, have you asked the bio teachers?

Cheers

G
Got a small number from them, but schools don't really use them very much anymore and so they don't replace old broken specimen slides :cry:

What are you after?
Ex wife is doing a nursing degree, she could nick some stuff.
Son at 6th form, sure they have something.
Other at school still, frogs and worms?

I was serious about the first, put in a system in some new labs and then on commissioning was told is the infectious diseases labs and anthrax store.

Told them I`m not doing the service visits lol.

What are you after?
Ex wife is doing a nursing degree, she could nick some stuff.
Son at 6th form, sure they have something.
Other at school still, frogs and worms?
Just a variety of different types - insects, frogs, flora and fauna, anything bio. I'm going to see if they (at work) have that smoke chamber thing that they use for Brownian motion demos.

I don't want anyone to nick anything really since the places where they get them from may well need them at some time. Just seems a bit silly to buy any if some on here have got some lurking around anywhere that you could lend for a couple of weeks or so

I was serious about the first, put in a system in some new labs and then on commissioning was told is the infectious diseases labs and anthrax store.

Told them I`m not doing the service visits lol.
Don't blame you ;)

LOL was joking about nicking stuff.
Bit of a backwards career move , wot oh, old chap :mrgreen:

I`ll ask if she can borrow or buy, no harm in asking.

I had a look on Google and Ebay and there are lots of them there if you get none on here. I've never heard of prepared slides before, interesting.

Sponsored Links
Back