wills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone else been watching coronation street?

Mike Baldwin made another will while in spain - and while he had alzhiemers.

Doesn't every will start "I, ........., being of sound mind and body"?

Therefore if everyone finds he did write a second will in spain, will it not be valid anyway because, having alzhiemers, he was not of sound mind and body when he wrote it?

opinions / views / laws please, this one has been bugging me a bit now!

Sponsored Links
Crafty, corry isn't real! Just a bunch of useless people playing 'lets pretend'. Perhaps if they all got some qualifications they could become 'useful members of society' and stop the tide of slap dash eastern european labour currently 'enhancing' our green and pleasant land!!! [sound of fuse wire burning in background].

yeah, but IF IT WERE TRUE - and this happened in REAL LIFE!!! Surely a will made when your mind is affected by something like alzhiemers would be void due to not being of sound mind?

I am preparing a letter to Granada at the moment :LOL: if my theory is true and this doesn't come out on the show!:cool:

gasmarkone, these "useless people playing lets pretend" - dont you ever watch any telly, out of principle, then? :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
crafty1289 said:
Mike Baldwin made another will while in spain - and while he had alzhiemers.
He had not been diagnosed with Alzhiemers when he made the 2nd will. He went to the Doctor when he came back, which was when he was told he'd suffered a minor stroke in Spain. Subsequently the Doc did further tests and diagnosed his condition, ergo, the will stands.

the whole thing about wills is that they mean jack if another False one is produced and the courts see in favour of the false one! just as happened to my gran who lost everything she'd bought into the house furniture the lot she shared with a comon law husband when he died and his family got everything.

When making a will in Spain, it has to be signed in front of a notary (top of the top lawyers). A copy of the will is then left with your solicitor and they send a copy of every Spanish will to be stored in Madrid. If it hasn't officially been signed in front of a notary - it doesn't count. It does seem a fairer way of dealing with it - no hidden papers coming out of a cupboard and changing events!! If you have an English will as well, you are advised to state in it that there is also a Spanish will to be read - then finding it is never a problem and cannot be disputed - always in Madrid.

Back