Window Board Tiles - Where And How?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have created a new window and would like the window 'board' to match that of my existing windows which are tiled in these red tiles.

Any idea what material this is and where I can source similar tiles? Also, what adhesive and grout should be used for these?

Sponsored Links
They look like old fasioned quarry tiles; http://www.ruabonsales.co.uk/quarry-tile-products.htm
It’s the RE tiles you want.

You can use an ordinary tub mix adhesive & grout but get something decent from a trade tile outlet not the cheap DIY stuff. Tile outlet may also be able to help with the tiles or order them in for you.

Managed to pick some up from a local reclamation yard. What's the best way to fix these to the internal blockwork wall to form a window board?

A bed of mortar and point up the joints? However, the bed cannot be thicked than 5mm and the joints between tiles will only be around 2mm.

Or tile adhesive and grout?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back