Window Board

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I will soon need to get some window boards to go in my extension. Having looked online, most seem to be sold in lengths with a bullnose to the front edge. Once I cut to the lengths I need, how do I get a bullnose to the side edges? Or can I buy them cut to the right length with the bullnose already formed?

My windows are 1350 wide and 670 wide, so guessing I need boards about 1450 and 770 long?

Sponsored Links
Or can I buy them cut to the right length with the bullnose already formed?
No. The bullnose is often formed using a block plane and sandpaper. If I'm doing batches, say a whole house, then I might break-out the router and use a large beading bit, but for only a few it isn't worth it

Thanks.

Will this (block plane) work on MDF?

Looking at most of our other boards, the curtains hang and cover that part, so not a disaster if I leave them square- but I'd like to do a proper job.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back