window handle replacement no keys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am trying to replace window handles since we don't have the keys for the current ones. My first problem is figuring out how to remove them, they do not twist or slide and I can't see any screws anywhere. Any ideas?

After that it might be hard to fine replacements that work on these sizes, is replacement even possible? I have not been able to identify the current type which would be ideal for replacement.

Attachments

• 20240130_232947.jpg
    20240130_232947.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240130_232953.jpg
    20240130_232953.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240203_140839.jpg
    20240203_140839.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 32
Sponsored Links
If the handle turns to 90 degrees, under the handle is a removable cover, which houses the screw.

I see I am now having trouble remove removing the caps, I can't fit a flat head in-between the plates to wedge it out. Is there a different way I am missing?

Sponsored Links
I see I am now having trouble remove removing the caps, I can't fit a flat head in-between the plates to wedge it out. Is there a different way I am missing?
Stanley knife blade. They are a very thin cover stuck on with something like double sided tape.

Yep I was going to suggest a Stanly knife but watch out the blade does not snap in your face.
If you can only get to the top cover and screw because you do not have the key to undo and get to the lower one then once you have undone the top one you may be able to undo the bottom one by pulling or twisting the handle applying friction and twist the whole handle and undo the lower bolt.
Or keep both screws in and force the handle past its stopper to then get to the lower cap. Or you maybe able to release it by getting something behind the handle.
Or as far as I know there are not many key designs for the handles so you may be able to buy a selection and find one that fits.
maybe there are more than I thought but you could buy this lot just to find you key make and then buy just that key as spares then sell on the collection again.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back