Window hinge - plastic "runner"

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Noticed there was a gap between my uPVC window and the frame. The window is side hung.

Rarely use this window, but suspect it was during high winds earlier in the year.

I've looked at the hing and see that the plastic "runner" (not sure of the correct term) has snapped. This is the black part with the screw in it - see image. I've been quoted £90 to replace the hinge, but before I go with that I'd like to see if anyone has any DIY ideas?

I'm assuming it isn't closing fully at the bottom because the 2nd part of the runner, on the other side of the hinge isn't fitting snuggly.

Can this runner be removed?

QsY8yU4g.jpg

Sponsored Links
Classic broken hinge ( friction stay) , best bet is to replace the pair ( or it might not open squarely ) . can be done as diy but can even take the experts 2 or 3 times to line it up correctly

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back