Window hinge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, my bathroom window has suddenly stopped shutting smoothly. Every time I shut it, there is something that slows it down before shutting. I have a feeling it’s this⬇️part of the hinge thats playing a part. What could be the issue?

Attachments

• IMG_4564.jpeg
    IMG_4564.jpeg
    208.2 KB · Views: 29
Sponsored Links
There maybe a screw in the sliding bit that adjusts friction. Also worth oiling as keeps it smooth and stops corrosion

There's no adjustment on friction hinges other than the little screw for friction, make sure it's not too tight, a full turn back should be enough, as said oil the part that slides and work it in, bathroom windows have to put up with a lot of humidity and the grease/oil soon dries up, oiling will certainly help

There's no adjustment on friction hinges other than the little screw for friction, make sure it's not too tight, a full turn back should be enough, as said oil the part that slides and work it in, bathroom windows have to put up with a lot of humidity and the grease/oil soon dries up, oiling will certainly help
Would wd40 be good to spray on the surface?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back