Window lock, can't identify manufacturer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,
Just bought a new house that is double glazed.
I need to fix one of the widows. One of (only two) of the locking rollers in a bedroom window has sheared off and the top of the window will not close tightly.
The problem is, I can't idenify the manufacturer. I've taken it apart but there's no name on any of the parts.
There's a crown stamped on some of the parts (see photo), but it seems to be a very common logo.
I've attached photos of the logo and one of the locking rollers that's not damaged.
Can anyone help me identify the manufactrer I need.
I've worked around for the time being by using a locking roller from one of the ground floor windows. They have four and a bolt top and bottom, so I figured one less roller catch wouldn't matter.
Thanks

Attachments

• 20-12-11 uPVC window lock Logo.jpg
    20-12-11 uPVC window lock Logo.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 77
  • 2021-12-11 uPVC window locking roller.jpg
    2021-12-11 uPVC window locking roller.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 76
Sponsored Links
have you got a picture of the lock actually on the window?, and keeps on the frame ? I recognise the logo but for the life of me can't remember where I've seen it ! It may be a case of getting an alternative type of lock ( and keeps ) , as its very possible this isn't made anymore ( depends on age of window really )

Thanks ronniecabers,
I'll take the photos you ask for.
They are old windows, but I'm not sure how old.
The keeps on the frame look pritty standard, but the lock rail bars on the openers are not flat bars screwed on as usual or part of the lock. After removing the plates (with the crown on) from the top and bottom of the opener and removing the lock it self, they slide out top and bottom. They can't be pulled straight off.
Bit of a comlicated design, but they look good quality.

Hi ronniecabers,
I've added a few photos (see attached), bit difficult to photograph the lock since I'd have to dismantle the window again but I've added a dawing & decsription, if thats OK.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 2021-12-12 Lock.jpg
    2021-12-12 Lock.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 61
  • 2021-12-12 uPVC window Hinge.jpg
    2021-12-12 uPVC window Hinge.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 2021-12-12 uPVC window Upper Keep.jpg
    2021-12-12 uPVC window Upper Keep.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 62
Sponsored Links
Hi Kenn,

In light of not knowing what thte manufacturer is ( i'm Still racking my brains! ) , I'd order something like this https://www.handlesandhinges.co.uk/...oxTNe3LevHC_9sc0raSqCNMlrU5eGWQYaAlWHEALw_wcB . Its an Offset Espag , you will potentially need to move the keeps to suit the positions of the cams , and you'll need to check the length so that it doesn't stick out either end of the window sash. You will also need the backset ( distance from face of lock to centre of hole where handle spindle goes ...usually 20, 22 or 25mm )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back