Window only opening in one postion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My windows in the house are 2 open position windows, turn the handle 90 degrees and the window opens out, turn the handle down and it locks, turn the handle up and the window opens at the top and pulls towards you a couple of inches. The problem I have is that 3 of my windows only open when at the top despite what position the handle is in, this is also preventing me from locking the windows. I have sprayed some WD 40 at the latching mechanism but still no good. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
These are tilt and turn hinges (windows) and are out of alignment but fully adjustable. This is normal and there has been some posts on this site that you may want to look at. Failing that Janex windows have quite explicit instructions for adjusting there mechanisms online, here's a link, hope it helps...pinenot :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back