Window quotes

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've received some quotes for new windows: (all different companies)

UPVC
2 front bays and box room £3650
Rear Georgian bar £5000

Timber
2 front bays and box room £7,000
Rear Georgain bar £5500

Timber Wood grain
2 front bays & box room
£8,000

What would bebest to go for

Sponsored Links
Timber look better but mainenance free upvc

True, but hey say its maintenance free but it still needs a wipe over really doesnt it? My sills look filthy.

What would you go for?

a little wipe over compared to a sand/wipe/paint over.....no contest imo :)
who are you going with?

Sponsored Links
Still undecided at the mo, I have a very good deal from a company where timber frames are a grand cheaper than wood grain UPVC. My rear bay is rotten after 90 odd years and I know it just wont look as good in UPVC.

Still undecided at the mo, I have a very good deal from a company where timber frames are a grand cheaper than wood grain UPVC. My rear bay is rotten after 90 odd years and I know it just wont look as good in UPVC.

would expect wood to be more expensive so you need to check and find out exactly what your getting

As in terms of exact type of wood being used? They plan to do the rear and front was 11k, but as they were doing the rear one of the managers offered a discount. PVc is alot cheaper than the wood, most quotes £3500, but the wood grain PVC just seems to be very exspensive, its meant to look traditional like wood inside and out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back