Georgian bars & leaded windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have leaded windows (fanlights) at the front of my house and a georgian bar bay at the rear. It needs replacing, will it look ok if its replaced again with georgian bar as built or would clear glass be better than mixing and matching of the two styles?

Sponsored Links
personal choice really

i have a mid victorian terrace the front windows had been replace modern windows insted off the two sliding sashes upstairs in the front room
and the bay down stairs was extended to include the front door so i had leaded lights fitted on the top 1/3 above the openers

the rear windows are upvc as well but to match the original sashes are half and half without glazing bars or leaded lights

Cheers mate, mines a 1920's house. Some glazing companies are saying its not the done thing to mix lead n georgian style, but some say its how the house was built so keep it like that. Bit confused!

Sponsored Links
look at other houses in the road whatever is in keeping will be right
iff the windows look right and your happy then thats the right thing

the only other consideration is a conservation area or listed building need permission to change certain things :rolleyes:

Cheers mate. Yes its me who will be living there at the end of the day!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back