Window Reveal Issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Ive had to remove my old plaster on a first floor wall so that I can Aquaboard it ready for the bathroom fitter in a couple of weeks. Having removed the plasterboard around the window it seems that when the new UPVC windows were added a bridging lintel was not, therefore I have a gap between the outer brickwork and the inner blockwork. Whats the best way to seal this before boarding?
IMG_7632.jpg
IMG_7631.jpg

Sponsored Links
BobbyBrown, good evening.

Not easy to see, but is that a bead insulation in the cavity? or bits of the cavity??

Ken.

Previous occupants had double glazing fitted and cavity wall insulation pumped in.
There’s a lintel above the inner block work but the outer brick course stops at the height of the new windows as the roof slopes past.
I was thinking of framing out the window area with battens and fixing plasterboard to that.
17106B56-290F-4BD8-BD70-934A72D3A0BC.jpeg
AADA99EB-8BB1-4995-BD7C-44F53718F86A.jpeg

Sponsored Links
They should've fitted cavity closers.
Seems that the window sits too far inside to fit them now.
I would use slices of board insulation cut to measure and jammed in the cavity.
Then tiling board glued and secured to internal leaf with wall plugs.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back