Window sealant with wallpaper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I'm planning on wallpapering a room, however the windows need the sealant tidying up. This has given me two questions that I'd like answering if anyone could please help:

1) Do I want acrylic or silicone sealant? Various places say acrylic when painting, but obviously I'm not doing this. Silicone seems better due to it being waterproof, but I thought I'd ask just to be sure.
2) Due to the sealant being there if I put the paper into the corner (for cutting) the corner is actually the middle of the sealant joint. Should I be leaving the paper overlapping onto the sealant slightly or try to cut it right up to the edge of where the sealant falls?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Silicon sealant should not be used inside around windows really. I'd cut it out and then re paper. Then maybe run some caulk along the edge of the paper that touches the window.

Silicone is the window fitters friend. You have to hold a FENSA certificate to silicone round a windowo_O

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back