Window sills & ingos

Reveal liner? If you were doing it in plastic -
http://www.plaslyne.co.uk/pages/cillsetc_internalwindowboards_revealliners.htm

I think most reveals are plasterboarded unless you've got shutters. Or damp.

well im just a painter & decorator / ames taper but i am pretty dang good with the carpentry :) only thing i get mixed up with is what things are called...........

and yeah most windows now the ingos are plasterboarded to cut out costs because its alot cheaper to plasterboard than to put facings and wooden ingos in :) well thats the way in scotland anyway

englands ways are alot diffrent like alot of plastering is done there and none here its ames taping which is cost effective =]

Sponsored Links
The uprights are called mullions and the top horizontal piece is the transom...are you making your own frames then?
The recess that the frame goes into is called the reveal.
John :)

all the woodwork in the house at the moment is glossed get bored of white....... so changing to pine ogee 5"/4" to modernise the place :) got all my skirtings and facings done so far its just window sills & casings (ingos) to do :)

so ta for the info but what material would i need for the ingos? do you get sheets of thin pine? or isit ply? :oops:

well it depends on how deep the reveals(ingos ;)) are you might be able to use floor board material?or cut decent ply or even faced mdf?
or if your up to it?join boards together to obtain desired depth,i:e biscuit joint them together.

well it depends on how deep the reveals(ingos ;)) are you might be able to use floor board material?or cut decent ply or even faced mdf?
or if your up to it?join boards together to obtain desired depth,i:e biscuit joint them together.

yea was thinking something along the lines of ply faces furnature board.... was looking at pine faced furnature board or ripping down door frame to fit seems the best idea yet lol :LOL: ingos ingos ingos ingos ingos ingos amigos! :L :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back