Window sills

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I wonder if someone can help before I embark on DIY. Our house is pebbledashed and has concrete windowsills. When it rains, huge streaks and water stains show under some windowsills. The windowsils dont have cracks. I have consulted tradespeople and they have no explanation and therefore no solution. Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause and how one can remedy this?
i attach a photo. the wall looks soaked, but thatvis after 48 hours of rain, sp please ignore that. Any advice gratefully received.

8DF6335C-645D-4CD0-949C-D8E69357E0AA.jpeg
921F389B-5D40-4067-A198-357ED7574B57.jpeg

Sponsored Links
It just means the sill hasn't a drip edge, allowing water to move towards the wall.

Hello and many thanks for your reply. The sills have drip eges, we had that checked. But

Sponsored Links
Either your drip edge isn't working or there are channels in the sill to let water get behind the drip edge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back