Windows 10 x360 emulator for FIFA 21 not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am running a gaming laptop here with all the right specs to run FIFA 21. I have encountered this issue before on previous versions of FIFA. I have a generic USB wireless game controller, and so I get the X360 emulator for the 64 bit operating system. I download the file to the game's location folder. I run it as administrator and configure the game controller, but for some reason it still won't work. Is there something I am doing wrong? I've watched youtube videos on this too, and most of them are just doing what I a doing?
Can someone step me through it here? Thanks

Sponsored Links
Ok, so when I run the emulator, the control pad is found and all the buttons are doing what they should be doing in the test area. This is all installed in the root folder of FIFA 21. But once I start the game itself, almost none of the buttons are working. The A,B,X and Y buttons don't seem to do anything. The actual control stick that allows you to move, can be pressed down and this acts like the A button. So when you get into the game you can click into things to configure the settings iof the game controller. When I get in here, I can see that pressing A activates the shoulder button and B the opposite shoulder button. Nothing can be changed and so the game cannot be played without raging frustration. Has anyone experienced this? And is there a fix at all?
I've even tried renaming the 1_3 to 1_4.dll and adding the HookCom=1 to the notepad like some people suggested worked for them, but nothing changes my gaming controller.

Sponsored Links
Back