Windows 7 Service pack 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm running on 64 bit. anyone know of any problems with it? Read a lot online about problems caused but not sure if micro soft has sorted it with revision 2.

Sponsored Links
Like with any service packs its a case of "suck and see"

A service pack is all of the individual updates rolled into 1 large install, if you have successfully installed said individually then I see no issues

But just to be on the safe side don;t keep any documents on your SYSTEM drive, this is standard practice anyway in case of failure

hope that helps

Running win 7 professional 64 bit updated over weekend no probs so far.
But as with most stuff MS release there's gonna be a bug in it somewhere as previously mentioned suck it and see.

Can I ask if;

1. Is it worth risking installing Service pack 1

2. What's the best method to use?
Via the updates, or download the full thing?

3. I've made a system repair disc, should that be enough to guard against any cockups?

Sponsored Links
Don't bother downloading the full SP1 unless you have unlimited bandwidth.

As there are very few reports of any problems with installing SP1 in Windows 7, just use the updater.

If you have kept you computer up to date with MS Updates, there will only be a small amount of the SP1 that will be installed so it should not take long.

Just bite the bullet and do it before you get so far behind with updates that your computer becomes unsafe to go on the internet.

dave

Back