Windows cold bridging

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The windows installed in my extension are cold bridging over the Thermobate insulated closers and must be moved according to my bco.

How can i fix these properly as the windows are fixed through the middle of the 70mm frame and bco says to sit the frame into the cavity by 30mm which means there is no brick to fix into.

This is the first time i,ve encountered this problem, anyone find this problem and solution elsewhere???

Sponsored Links
sounds like rubbish to me. If you have fitted insulatiing cavity closers then what is it cold bridging, where ever you fit the window in the reveal some part of the frame will be exposed to both the outside and the inside and therefore cold bridging.Why would he want you to fit them into the cavity as this would be more likely to cause direct cold bridging between the outer and inner leaf.Precisely what insulated cavity closers are meant to prevent

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back