Windows Moviemaker

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Why do my crystal clear images (whether movie clips or still images) appear blurry when using Moviemaker?

I can view my images and small clips fine and big on mediaplayer but once spliced together using Moviemaker they need to be shrunk to the size of a postage stamp to see on the very same mediaplayer? There is obviously some compression in data going on here but can it be overridden?

Thanks

Steve

Sponsored Links
When you save your finished movie you give it a name then next screen gives you the framerate and size options. Change from the default 'Best quality for my pc' to a predefined setting with Variable Bit rate or define your own bitrate

Thanks for the reply NatB

Couldn't improve on the resolution and having looked closely at my images on the Moviemaker preview pane I now realise that they are being blurred at this stage. It seems that high quality images are blurred at the moviemaking stage?

Sponsored Links
Cheers for the advice will try what you suggest, although as I said in my first post -the clips can be viewed in mediaplayer fine but it is after using Movie maker that the images seem to deteriorate.

Many thanks

Steve

Sorry, wasn't sure if you meant you were only going by what the movie maker preview shows, which are generally blurry, or the the final ouput through full media player.

What type of file is your final movie (avi, wmv, mpg)? What compression/quality settings are you using?

Whoops now you've got me. As you can probably tell I'm a bit of a novice at this kind of thing.

Basically I saved short movie clips and images taken on my digital camera. When I open my movie clips individually it views on Mediaplayer and I get a large crystal clear movie clip. The problem comes with Moviemaker which am I right in assuming is shrinking my Mbs?(sounds painful) My whole movie is coming out at 1.66Mb but individual pictures and clips are bigger than that. The bit rate is 62kbps and the movie is around 4 minutes long. There are also some audio MP3 files.

I have tried options such as high-quality etc but without success. Excuse my ignorance on this but I just assummed you could splice together clips with no loss of quality but maybe this means too big a file?

Thanks for your patience

Steve

Cant think of the FREE program I use, you can join cut add sound do what you like.
I only use movie maker if I want to compress & email.

I will find the programe when I get home & post the name.

I gave up with an early version of WMM around 3 years ago for the same reason; it automatically compresses the file when you save it &, on the version I tried, there seemed to be no way of saving the movie file at the original bit rate. Haven’t tried it since & would have expected MS to have sorted it by now but it seems not! :rolleyes:

These are the notes I made when I was playing about last year:
Blink & Smack (Rad)
To convert MOV to AVI, This will save in the same folder as where the MOV is.

Virtual Dub to append avi

Windows Movie Maker will reduce file size for email, so will Blink & Smack
use G Spot for Codecs

If avi files not compatible (cant join) use Blink & Smack (Rad) & convert.
To make small for email use windows movie maker or thugs @ bay, zwei-stein

=======
They are free & safe

Also just occured to me - in the Moviemaker credits and title sequences I've used, the text is also blurrred and these are not imported but part of the editing suite?!

Thanks for advice - still checking for ways around loss in quality.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Back