Windows XP taskbar.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
For some reason, my taskbar has changed to two icons deep, rather than just one. I have tried to left-click and drag top edge with the double-arrow, to reduce depth, but this does not work. I am puzzled why it does not work, I thought this was the correct procedure, it was for Windows ME when I used that. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

Sponsored Links
Is the taskbar locked, not sure if this would make any difference but worth a look.

cumbriahandyman, thanks for swift reply. The taskbar is not locked, no tick next to it. I can increase the depth of it, but not diminish it to its original size of one icon deep.

cumbriahandyman, thanks for swift reply. The taskbar is not locked, no tick next to it. I can increase the depth of it, but not diminish it to its original size of one icon deep.

Try holding it with a left click and move it to the side of the window and drop it there. Then see if you can drag it to its original size. If it works or does not work, drag it back to the bottom of the screen.

Sponsored Links
Back