Windows XP Toolbar position

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My tool bar is usually at the bottom!

For reasons better know to itself it has moved to the left hand side.

None of the settings seem to move it back to the bottom. Nor does clicking or dragging it!

It did this twice before and was eventually sorted out but I dont remember how!

Any ideas on how to put it back where it belongs!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
None of the settings seem to move it back to the bottom. Nor does clicking or dragging it!
You can drag it, but the dragging behaviour is unique to the Task Bar, because nothing appears to happen until you get near a different docking position.

So, left-click (and hold down) when on the blank blue part of the bar, drag to the bottom of the screen, and you should see the Task Bar flip to the new position, at which point you can release the mouse button.

Sudden changes in Task Bar docked position invariably occur when you inadvertantly left-click while whizzing across the screen. We all do it sometime or other...

Thank you, its safely back in the original position now.

Its so odd that its so easy to do when told ! I could have been sure that I had tried all combinations of clicking and dragging but evidently not!

Tony

Sponsored Links
Agile said:
Thank you, its safely back in the original position now.

Its so odd that its so easy to do when told ! I could have been sure that I had tried all combinations of clicking and dragging but evidently not!

Tony

If you right click on the taskbar and check the box that says "Lock the taskbar", it won't move about.

Back