windows7 or windows 8

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going to buy new laptop would I be better getting one with windows 7 . I here windows 8 is very hard to get used to . All the dell business laptops have got windows 7 and some good value on dell outlet

Sponsored Links
Personally I prefer 7 as 8 seems to have been designed with touch screens in mind and I find it impossible to navigate with any confidence, but I came along with early Windows, NT, XP and the likes so prefer the 'traditional' look and feel.

Performance-wise I can't really comment.

8 is fine if you install classic shell (free) and forget about metro. 8 starts up much faster than 7 too.

on the other hand, many of the business laptops come with windows 8 and windows 7 so you can use whichever you like

I'd say to go for Windows 8 (update to 8.1 if necessary) and take some time to get use to it as it comes. It works fine with a keyboard and mouse. If you find the transition to the new UI difficult, install a Start Menu replacement as suggested. Perhaps keep switching to the new UI once in a while until you're more comfortable with using it, then you could consider switching to it permanently.

Sponsored Links
8 is fine if you install classic shell (free) and forget about metro. 8 starts up much faster than 7 too.

on the other hand, many of the business laptops come with windows 8 and windows 7 so you can use whichever you like

I agree with the install of classic shell, but not to forget metro.
One can dip one's toe in either camp - so easy.
The news apps etc in metro are quite good slowly I am moving toward their full time use.
Progress will not stand still, you have to move - However reluctantly toward the light !! Just don't be afraid get stuck in, there is always an answer.

-0-

Back