Windscreen wipers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Does anyone know what are the correct size windscreen wipers that were originally fitted to a 2004 Daihatsu Charade SE Auto? Mine are 18in drivers side and 13in passenger side but I don't think they are the right ones? There are so many conflicting sizes sold as being the right ones and I like things to be as the car left the factory. Bit of a fuss pot I know but would appreciate anyone's help!

Sponsored Links
Hi! Thanks for the links. I'm going to look at them now. Let you know what I find!

Are you so lazy, as to actually go into a SHOP, and ASK? Tsk.

I've a set of wiperblades here, that were not used, and on the back, it has a lookup table saying what they are compatible with.

If you were not so lazy, but asked, then I would have sent them to you for free, but what an ignaramous.

Sponsored Links
If you were not so lazy, but asked, then I would have sent them to you for free, but what an ignaramous.
Whilst I largely agree with you, maybe you should check the dates of the OP's post and not waste your time?

BTW What (if not an ignorant person) does it say about you that you cannot spell ignoramus? Maybe if you weren't so lazy you'd check your spelling?

I've a set of wiperblades here, that were not used, and on the back, it has a lookup table saying what they are compatible with.

I'm not going to get into a debate with you or insult you, as you at least replied! I have asked many shops that sell windscreen wiper blades. I have checked in several stores such as Halfords etc and they all suggest different sizes even for the same year as my Charade! For instance Halfords sizes are recommended as 18" for both driver and passenger's side, which is totally wrong! I am not stupid and am able to determine the correct sizes, but the original blades were wrong so I needed to find out the correct sizes, as this is the first Daihatsu I've had and the blades are an unusual size combination. Please reply to this but also please try and be constructive at the same time! We don't need people like you who find pleasure in scoffing at other members who need our help. Good day!

I'm not going to get into a debate with you or insult you, as you at least replied! I have asked many shops that sell windscreen wiper blades. I have checked in several stores such as Halfords etc and they all suggest different sizes even for the same year as my Charade! For instance Halfords sizes are recommended as 18" for both driver and passenger's side, which is totally wrong! I am not stupid and am able to determine the correct sizes, but the original blades were wrong so I needed to find out the correct sizes, as this is the first Daihatsu I've had and the blades are an unusual size combination. Please reply to this but also please try and be constructive at the same time! We don't need people like you who find pleasure in scoffing at other members who need our help. Good day!

I apologise for being so forward. You asked on a forum, for a debate, regarding something that I would find quite normal to go to a shop that sells such things, to be given a straight answer, and sold what you need, or Google it, or go to the dealer, and give them the VIN number of the car, for the correct spec item, for such a common place item. Most accessory places have books to look up the correct item, or you could have simply measured what you have fitted already. You could have gone to the owners club, or the AA or RAC, but post on a DIY forum. I found that strange. So again I apologise, for what I deemed a strange request.

If I was after a strange valve part inside a pump, that had no makers mark, I'd understand, but for a commonplace item, easily available on the highstreet, I don't. Mebad.

Hi. Thanks for the apology which I accept. I accept your comments on simply going to a shop for advice on the correct fitment and this is what I did, but was given the wrong advice! Consequently I endeavoured to find out the sizes and kept getting conflicting advice. If I had replaced the original blades I would just have replaced the incorrect old ones for incorrect new ones! Useless, wouldn't you say? I eventually found out the correct sizes from my Daihatsu Dealer after I had to have a new part fitted and so now I know. I just simply wanted to go to any local car parts shop and get the correct fitment for my car without all this hassle. I've had many cars since first passing my test and have serviced them all myself and have re-built several engines and gearboxes, so I am not naive or inexperienced regarding motors. I hope we can draw a line underneath all of this and I bid you farewelll and happy motoring!

Mickymoody";p="1681082 said:

I apologise for being so forward. You asked on a forum, for a debate, regarding something that I would find quite normal to go to a shop that sells such things, to be given a straight answer, and sold what you need, or Google it, or go to the dealer, and give them the VIN number of the car, for the correct spec item, for such a common place item. Most accessory places have books to look up the correct item, or you could have simply measured what you have fitted already. You could have gone to the owners club, or the AA or RAC, but post on a DIY forum. I found that strange. So again I apologise, for what I deemed a strange request.

If I was after a strange valve part inside a pump, that had no makers mark, I'd understand, but for a commonplace item, easily available on the highstreet, I don't. Mebad.[/quote

My catalogue says the shorter one is 11", and the longer one is 21".
Can't guarantee this, but it sounds about right.....
I guess your car is the 1.0 engine?
John :)

19" drivers side and 18" passenger. I've also complained on your behalf, but because of me to Halfords, who are ****. As they have no lookup table for my car either.

I ordered a load of parts from them a while ago, and I said I NEED this for a certain date, as I was touring Europe, and needed a service before I went, and a mobile mechanic was booked in..they failed to get some pathetic item, that can be bought anywhere, and rang me, and left a message, the ENTIRE order has been cancelled, as we couldn't get you a washer..and then they blamed ME for not being in to take the phone call, as I was at work...so that is why they cancelled the order. So they lost £500 sale.

After a brief foray on the phone, I drove up there, and had a stand off with them, as to how stupid they are, and eventually received a £20 gift voucher, which I promptly returned, signed by my bottom.

And they STILL haven't learned their lesson, as to poor customer service, why have a wiper lookup table that doesn't work?

So OP, you have a guardian angel looking after you. Believe.

Hi! Thanks for the info. Your sizes seem to be about right. I'm in Michigan right now so will get some new wiper blades when I return. Yes, I do have the 1.0 litre engine and I love the car!

My catalogue says the shorter one is 11", and the longer one is 21".
Can't guarantee this, but it sounds about right.....
I guess your car is the 1.0 engine?
John :)

As I said earlier, I posted your response to the manufacturer/supplier, and they eventually responded..

The part number for wiper blade set is:-
SET 35 at £11.99 inc vat.
I hope this helps.

from Halfords.

Every little Helps. Hope you tick that 'thanks' box for me,.

Sponsored Links
Back