Wire from 3port valve

If you can run hot water by itself, it suggests to me it’s been wired unconventionally, as you can see hot water alone should be the orange wire. So you’re looking possibly for the room stat live in, which could be terminal 4. Could always try the orange wire in that anyway I’d you be already tried it in a different one
When hot water alone is required ,the orange wire has no function Chris.

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
When hot water alone is required ,the orange wire has no function Chris.
Apologies, was getting mixed up, thinking that the orange sends swl to the boiler but that’s the cylinder thermostat :)

This is like an electrical sweepstake.

My money is on #6...

Call me pig headed, and I could be very wrong, but I still think it's 8!

image46.png

Maybe @Diytry1 can confirm/deny where the cables go from the bottom, but this is my guess...
I think the large brown wire at the front of terminal 8 goes to a pump.
Behind there, is a slim black wire. I think this, along with the blue in 7, and a brown? (appears black in photo) in 6, go to the tank stat.

Whatever these wires are, the only other choices for oranges location, appear to be 1, 4 & 6.
But I wonder how the wires came to be this way?
It looks as though the 3 port valve cable has been pulled, but I wonder if any other wiring has been changed, or was the system working properly to begin with?

Sponsored Links
the hot water and heating always used to run separately! Will try the wire in 4 later

Come home it ran for a bit now I have no power to the boiler or ch pump or hot water

Nope had to turn the hot water thermostat up for it to kick in! Orange wire is in 8 but still have to run both together! Could it be a faulty 3 port valve?

Nope had to turn the hot water thermostat up for it to kick in! Orange wire is in 8 but still have to run both together! Could it be a faulty 3 port valve?
You would need to do some testing with a multimeter to establish why the system isn't working ,You will need someone who can do it for you or buy a meter and do it yourself with some coaching.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back