Banging & Overheating and wiring problems

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I hope someone can help me, I have just installed a new 3port mid valve and a cir pump, but all the wires from the box in the wall have come out of their connections, So I don't know what goes where.
:(

Coming out of the wall are 3 cables 1st cable is black red earth, 2nd is blue red yellow and earth, 3rd is blue red yellow and earth.

I have connected all the wires from the pump, valve and cylinder stat to what I think are the right ones, but it leaves the black cable with none, and when I try to fire the boiler its dead. but if I loop the black to one of the calling wires (yellow) it works. Is this right??? and my boiler now overheats and bangs after about a hour and half. The setting is low (2) and water is coming out of tank in loft..... hope you can help

The 3 port valve wire colours are orange, white, grey, blue, yellow green.
The Circulating Pump are brown, blue and yellow green.

Boiler is a Baxi and about 10yrs old.

Kind regards

;)

Sponsored Links
It's impossible to give you an answer to that because you are the only one who can see which coloured wires are connected to which terminals at the appliance. Don't take blue as neutral, brown as live etc, it may be but you can't count on it. You will need to trace all the wires from the appliances and then wire them as indicated on the sheet that came with your motorized valve. :cry:
You will have pump, boiler, cyl stat, room stat, programmer, valve and incoming mains.

Thanks

I have wired to the diagram, From motorised valve orange to live boiler,pump,cylinder stat. From motorised valve grey to yellow satisfied cyl-stat, From motorised valve white to yellow calling room stat, From motorised valve blue to (N) and Green yellow to (E).

When I wire it to that my boiler won't work, because the black wire from the wall as nothing going on to it, but when I connect it to one of the yellow cables from the stats the boiler works??? Just not sure if this is right
way because it don't say anything about the black wire or anything to go to it.....

Sponsored Links
Um...probably your local heating engineer. As you will see on the bottm of some of Breezer's older posts, it is always prudent to make a drawing before doing anything.

That's interesting, your signature works in Netscape but it's a bit of a jumble in Opera.

oilman said:
That's interesting, your signature works in Netscape but it's a bit of a jumble in Opera.

(In the voice of Ron and Ron)

I've always hated opera

I hate all foreign singing :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back