Wired 2 door chimes on one door bell push???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone advise if it is possible to wire 2 door chimes into the one door bell push.?
We formally had a wireless system but all the frequencies kept getting interfered with by nextdoors. I therefore installed a wired bell system with a chime (battery operated). The problem is the noise level is woefully low. I attempted to install a second chime at the back of the house, operated from the same bell push. However it didnt work. There is everychance I have wired it incorrectly. They are both battery operated. No idea how to installa tranfe=ormer. (Do they come in plug format??).
Is it possible to wire 2 chimes to one bell push?
If yes can anybody supply a basic wiring diagram.....

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
You could put two bells in parallel with each other.
You would need to use a transformer because both bells need the same power supply, you'd also need a transformer bigger than the normal ones to supply both coils, probably around 2A but you need to check by adding up the amps of each bell. (I am assuming these door bells are mechanical ones and exactly the same?)

Excuse the crap quickly done diagram... :oops:

View media item 33870
Another idea would be to get a digital one, then add another speaker in series with the speaker in the bell box...

Make any sense??

Or just get a louder single doorbell?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back