Wired CCTV recommendations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking to install 2-3 cameras around my property for a budget price £150-200max all in. Tried looking on eBay but lots to choose from and mind boggling. Would like to get best quality I can for what I have.
Thoughts/recommendations please.

Sponsored Links
All the cheap cameras are pretty much the same, and poor quality.
You would be better off saving your money for now and buying something like Hikvision when you can afford it.
Buy cheap, buy twice.

You get what you pay for. My dad bought the cheap swann stuff. It failed 18 months later and no warranty. He then had to buy another... Spend the money on Hikvision it is simply amazing for home cctv

What spec and how much? I've seen them, quite like the poe on the digital side, but a bit more than current budget.

Sponsored Links
This still depends on your budget ?
Going down the ip poe line will cost more .

For a basic Hikvision setup you will need to budget £250 for an NVR and £100 for each camera. Plus more for cables etc. You can get a three year warranty.

If you buy the cheap stuff it won't work as well or last as long.

A Hikvision system comprising of;

2MP POC camera x 3
Dvr
2 TB hard drive

Would cost approx £300. Plus cable, connectors and crimp tool would work out at £350. Where are you based?

The OP may need something better than 2MP depending on the scene to be covered and the location of the cameras. First decide what is needed and then get the quotes.

Hikvision prices vary widely. Beware of buying cheap on eBay which are grey imports and not supported.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back