Wired doorbell not loud enough for pensioners

Well, I've been got the unused Byron receiver linked to the rear door and it now provides sufficient coverage of the main areas of the house.
I've just got to get the front door resolved.
I'm looking again at the Byron Wired to Wireless unit - not sure how I cannot connect it to the current setup - without sacrificing the current wired setup completely.

Sponsored Links
My wife is a little deaf to certain frequencies. I have installed Friedland wireless chime/strobe units, one is a mains plug-in unit in the hallway and a second battery operated unit which usually stands in the kitchen but can be taken anywhere including the back garden. The wireless bell push will support more bell/strobe units if needed. You can't miss the blue flashing light (if in the same vicinity); our neighbour has a similar set up and we have had no cross-connection.

Okay - I might need some help here. Can I use the Byron unit identifed by Taylor in my setup?
I made an error in posat #12. The Bryon BY201 can facilitate a multiple of doorbells, so that is no longer a problem. However, the literature for the item Taylor linked to states that it cannot be linked to a lighted door press. The wiring diagrams for it also would mean (I think) that unit would need to be near to the chime itself due to the wiring arrangement - unless I decided to strip out the wireless chime. As this chime is in a visible location I don't really know what to do.

The alternative is that I extend the wiring of the front doorbell unit into the main room so it can be heard via an additional chime that I have.

I could opt to replace everything with a wireless unit, but they have already paid out for the components and installation of the wired unit, the rear wireless unit and somewhere in the past, an additional transformer and chime.

Any recommendations?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back