Wired System - need wireless sounder

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got a wired Accenta Gen4 setup and would like to add a sounder or audible alert speaker 30 metres (open air) away in the main residence. To notify me the alarm is sounding in that building, even with the loudest of bell boxes it can sometimes not be heard with fans etc going. :unsure:

Any idea's? :idea:

I've thought of a GSM autodialer but it is rather expensive. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Speech dialler is cheaper.
Phone line available?

What sounders have you used/tried? 30 mts isnt far.

I haven't got a fixed line, so I thought of a gsm dialler but they are so expensive.

Yeah its not far, but with the windows closed at night you don't hear the siren from the otherside of the house.

I have tried looking into a wired/wireless transmitter but they only add wireless sensors to the wired system and not a wireless speaker, which would have been just what i'd be looking for.

Or for that matter even a flashing strobe that was wireless for inside the house?

look for some cheap scantronic 4600 radio receivers and transmitters allways plenty on ebay Item number: 180736931173 and wire a remote sounder via the relay

Sponsored Links
look for some cheap scantronic 4600 radio receivers and transmitters allways plenty on ebay Item number: 180736931173 and wire a remote sounder via the relay

Would I need to get two of them, one for transmitting and one for receiving. Would it be simple enough to connect upto the trigger on the control panel, and the other end a sounder or strobe? Many thanks

I think thats going to be abit to complicated for me to setup. I was really hoping to just find a wired to wireless transmitter and a wireless bell box to receive the signal.

What you have just said is what we recconmended, whatever you use will need to be learnt to eachother.

Fm Electronics?

Transmitter.

4156.jpg

And Receiver

4052.jpg

Sorry i dnt know the exact workings of the receiver, i.e how long the alarm goes for etc, have used in the past but it was some years ago.

They look just the job, but unfortunately FM Electronics only deal with trade.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back