Enforcer V10 - Is it a Wired/Wireless Hybrid?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moving house and looking for an alarm with Smart-ish, option. I currently have a G2-20 with LCE-04 and SM-Alarm addon which is sufficient.

However, going forward, I'm contemplating the Enforcer V10. Is it a hybrid solution, offering Wired and Wireless zones? It mentions 32 zones and I've seen talk of wiring Sounders in etc, so I am guessing so, but I just want to be sure.

I'm a fan of wired where possible and wireless only when desperate.

Would probably upgrade the DIGI-WIFI to DIGI-LAN also.

Sponsored Links
It has two wired zones onboard, can be expanded by another 32 wired zones with the use of ZEM expanders. If you're going down this route, I'd recommend going with a Euro 46 panel (8 wired zones onboard) and a ZEM32-WE to add wireless detectors to it. You can get a much bigger standby battery in the 46. The battery in the Enforcer is fine for wireless only but pushing it a little when you start adding wired stuff, unless you go down the route of additional power supplies (why bother?)

The G2-20 will also take an RF Portal to give you a mix of up to 20 wired/wireless zones. Might be easier if you're used to the programming structure/monitoring setup etc.

Ive currently got the G2 with RF. Its fine, but it feels like it was literally "just" before the smart boom. I'm almost looking for the same kind of hybrid setup as the G2-20 with RF & LCE04 (and SM-Alarm sub), but with something that has better "smart capabilities" - which is how I stumbled across the Enforcer V10.

Your suggestion to use the Euro46 + ZEM32-WE + DIGI-LAN looks to be very similar to my current G2-20 "hybrid". But with the added benefit of the Pyronix having the HomeControl+ app I'm after.

I assume the panels can work without PyronixCloud etc, which I presume is just a service for those less technical/without a static IP/system maintained by an installer... It is important the solution I go with does not depend on servers/services being supported/kept alive by suppliers/manufacturers.

Sponsored Links
Yeah, the G2 is over 10 years old now and hasn't received much attention from Honeywell since.

Hybrid wired/wireless, definitely go for the Euro 46 over the Enforcer. It's the same programming menu and same app on both panels. The panels will function without the cloud, but I'm pretty sure that the HomeControl app or anything relating to notifications/remote control etc, won't work without a subscription to the Pyronix Cloud service.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back