Wireing shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello

I have just installed a new electric shower but the power cable is about an inch too short to reach. What would be an acceptable way to lenghthen it?

Any answers would be much appreciated but try to make them as detailed as possible because im new to all this. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Suitable thru crimps applied with suitable rachet crimping tool

Make sure it's a good connection because if it isn't you could get a build up of heat in the cable. This would not be good on any circuit let alone one requiring a high current like an electric shower.

Sponsored Links
These,
41BE08ebs6L.jpg

Not these.
use-electrical-crimping-tool-200X200.jpg

Have a look at Here

move the shower or change the cable back to the switch ( shouldn't be more than a few meters.. )
I wouldn't trust through crimps in a shower.. you get a good 30-45A through those wires depending on the shower size..

why bodge it for the want of a few meters of cable and maybe a few tiles / small bag of patching plaster?

Get some mole grips on the end of each conductor & pull hard until they stretch. It's only 25mm innit? ;)

Joke BTW!

I have just installed a new electric shower but the power cable is about an inch too short to reach.
What is the rating of the new shower?

What was the rating of the old one?

What is the size of the cable supplying it?

What is the rating of the MCB?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back