Wireless 2 zone control system for heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

We are nearly at the end of a kitchen extension project, and i am having trouble getting a clear explanation of what hardware i need to control the new system. My plumber is very good, but he is struggling to explain to me how the system will work, i can't get hold of him at the moment, and i need to buy the thermostats etc.

The boiler (Vaillant Ecotec 831) now has the heating circuit feed split to two pipes - one running to the new wet underfloor heating in the extension, and one to the old radiator circuit for the rest of the house. Both of these have 'Detach Pro' valves on that are as yet not connected to a trigger, so instead have the manual override enacted so that when the boiler is running the under floor heating and radiators are all on with no control.

Plumber has a 'Salus TC100 wiring centre' ready to install. So i need to buy wireless thermostats and receiver(s) to control the system.

As i understand it the system will work as follows:
Boiler heating / radiator switch will be set to 'on' at all times.
There will be one wireless programmable thermostat (he recommended the heatmiser slimline) in the upstairs hall to control timing and temperature for the radiator system.
There will be another identical thermostat in the kitchen to control timing and temperature for the UFH system.

Do i then need 2 wireless receivers which will be wired in to the wiring centre? Or can i get a 2 channel receiver?
Will the wireless receiver be wired to both the boiler (in order to demand heat) and also the motorised valves?
How will this system work in terms of the different water temperature requirements of the 2 systems?

Any advice would be much appreciated on the best way to control this system, and to further my understanding of it in general!!

Many thanks.
Jack

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back