Wireless Heating Control System...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice please regarding the following...

Drayton Digistat SCR/RF1 Wireless Heating Control System -

This is intended to replace the Drayton manual thermostat, which is located on the outside of the ‘airing cupboard’ on the landing.

A Glow Worm Micron 80FF Fanned Flue Boiler provides our Hot Water system. This is located on the kitchen wall downstairs and is controlled by a Programmer...switching the system on/off twice daily. Life Style Model LP241,

I wish to remove the old Thermostat and replace it with the Wireless System, on the livingroom wall downstairs.

The wiring instruction for the Wireless System states: -
The SCR should be wired to the Combi boiler or central heating wiring using the correct type of cable or flex. The SCR should be wired in to replace hard-wired room thermostats.

The wiring instructions are I think aimed at the 'professional' to deter the DIY man, which in many circumstance I agree with completely. But there are those of us who like to 'know' what work is needing done to get these systems working and according to the manufacturers, they are 'straight forward to fit'.

Anyway looking at the front of the Glow Worm boiler 'electrics' there is a 'block-connector' there are 7 connectors and the wiring is as follows looking at it from left to right:-

Lp =LIVE – (Permanent)
Ls =LIVE – (Switched)

N = NEUTRAL

EARTH MAIN
EARTH PUMP –

Pl = PUMP LIVE –
Pn= PUMP NEUTRAL

Any help or suggestions would be gratefully received.

Regards
Robert Maitland

Sponsored Links
You need to find where the wires from the current thermostat go. There will be a junction box which you will be able to get L and N from. Then you need to see where the key wires from the thermostat connect , and "replace" the existing stat wires with 2 from the volt free contacts in the new receiver unit.

"key" wires - depends on the thermostat model. We have pinouts if you can give details.

It might be easier to find a L and N for the thermostat receiver in the airing cupboard, and connect to the old stat wiring there!

ChrisR Many thank's for your input.

In the airing-cupboard we find a 7 terminal block-connector.

The manual thermostat is connected as follows:-

(4) - Yellow wire (5) - Red wire (7) - Blue wire

Thermostat Info:- Drayton
Siebe Climate Controls Ltd
T45 RTS 1

also connected to the block-connector are:-

Honeywell Motorized Valve V4073A 1088

(1) Purple wire (2) Red wire (3) Brown wire
(4) White wire (6) Yellow/Green wire

Boiler thermostat

(1) Black wire (2) Blue wire (3) Brown wire

All the above numbers in () represent the outlet wires on the top of the block-connector going from Left to Right. I hope that it is clear enough for you to understand.

Regards

Bob UK

PS I have sent Admin a jpeg of the wiring to help, pardon the pun, to get a better picture. I do hope that Admin can oblige when 'time permits'

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back