WIRELESS ADAPTOR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Acer Aspire 1690 Laptop
After many a happy hour trying to get the w/less to connect and failing I have bought a plug in adaptor ,connects fine everything rosy. The original adaptor is getting very warm even tho it is disabled.Can I remove it and isolate the two cables without causing a problem.?
Igorian I need you. :confused:
Btw should the fan run all the time or is it thermostatically controlled?

Sponsored Links
Most computer these days have fans that are temperature controlled, not thermostatically as the fan varys in speed according to temperature.

My emachines desktop PC has a CPU fan which varys in speed according to temperature, ie the fan spins faster when the CPU is warmer and the fan spins much slower when the CPU doesn't need as much cooling.

Regarding wireless, I am pretty stupid when it comes to this! :LOL: ;) My computer has a USB adaptor which is pretty crappy and so I will be buying a PCI card to replace it, as I can free up a USB port and the USB adaptor goes through more system resources.

Your post is very confusing.

Regarding the 1690, does it have a built-in wireless adaptor, or have you added one?

If the former, then what exactly is getting warm?

If you've added an adaptor, and if it's this that's getting warm, then why not just unplug it?

And I have no idea what the following means:

Can I remove it and isolate the two cables without causing a problem?
:confused:

Sorry , to clarify , the original wireless adaptor is an internal card in the lappy , it is this " card" that is getting very warm. There is a cable (small two core) which I assume is the power as one connection says "main" ? Cant see the other . These are tiny spade connections .The card has an edge connector which would provide power, no.? :confused:

Sponsored Links
devonspark said:
Sorry , to clarify , the original wireless adaptor is an internal card in the lappy , it is this " card" that is getting very warm.
Stepping around the realm of things I've never heard of before, you have either a PCMCIA card, or the adaptor is buried inside the laptop.

If PCMCIA, then you could remove it, so I guess it isn't one of those. If inside, then I don't understand how you've identified that it's getting warm.

Bottom line - I don't understand.

Clutching pathetically at the only straw of sanity within my reach, is there perhaps a button on the laptop which will turn off the radio (aka WLAN adaptor)?

There is a cable (small two core) which I assume is the power as one connection says "main" ? Cant see the other . These are tiny spade connections .
I'm totally totally totally totally totally totally, totally, totally, TOTALLY, TOTALLY lost. Could I ever be more lost?

The card has an edge connector which would provide power, no.? :confused:
It turns out that I can. :rolleyes:

Back