talk talk wireless router?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Connected to pc wired at present and want to go wireless.
Got ISP Talk Talk , BT ADSL.
PC has no built in connection but laptop has.

Bought a dynamode but that didnt work :cry: , went to Tesco and just about to buy a belkin with an adaptor for PC and was told wouldnt work with talk talk as Tescos dont support that ISP and i nee da universal router.

I am now really concerned i get the correct thing - the one on Talk Talk does not have an adapter with it and is a bit dear .( I dont want to give them any more business as ive had problems with them anyway)

Please someone recommend a router with an adaptor for the pc that will easily be set up the Dynamode nightmare cant be repeated ! That doed not cost the earth.

Many Thanks for any help :confused:

Sponsored Links
eh?

The two broadband technologies available here are ADSL and CABLE.
You need an ADSL router or even better modem/router. I've not come across one yet that won't work with certain ISPs :eek:

The belkin kits with wireless usb adaptors are ok. I'm not a big an of Belkin as they take an age to configure, but they're ok.
You'd install the usb wireless adaptor on the pc you want to make wireless.
You'd need to configure the belkin router with all the credentials that your Talk Talk router currently has, ie. username, password, PPoE/A, MUX settings, all that. Then configure the wireless security side of it.

You would definitely need to have all those settings to hand otherwise it won't work.
Some routers will auto detect your settings as long as you can give it a username/password.

hi strawberryberry

I don't really follow your post

Do you mean that you are with talk talk over adsl on a telephone line and that at the moment you have a modem that connects to the pc via usb??

If yes then any wireless pc/router should be ok. If you are able to position the router near the pc then you can use an ethernet cable to connect to the pc without the need for a wifi usb stick. To verify this look for a rj45 ethernet port (hole) on the reverse of the pc- this is bigger than the port for the old internal dial up modem.

If you want to tell us the model and make of the pc then we can tell you if it has one.

If you are leaving talk talk then you could consider joining virgin media- they normally provide a very stable broadband service via their own cable- prices depend on which other services you take and you might be eligible for a free wireless router.

Sponsored Links
Back