Wireless alarm systems

However although the wireless signals could be jammed, most modern alarms come with anti-jamming hardware to detect when the components can't talk to each other and set off the alarm and warn of a jamming attempt.Either one will provide better protection than nothing!

Anti jamming requires the system to change radio frequency to avoid being jammed. Setting the alarm off when jamming is detected is not an anti jamming method.

After several false alarms due to jamming the owner of the alarm may decide to turn the alarm off prevent neighbours being disturbed by false alarms. The "anti jamming" hardware can have this effect.

Wireless or Wired ?

Either one will provide better protection than nothing!
but only as long as it is working and not disabled due to to many "false" alarms.

Sponsored Links
Anti jamming requires the system to change radio frequency to avoid being jammed..
Which would just mean the criminal needs a bigger jammer so they can jam the whole range that the panel is looking for a clear channel in..........

Anti jamming requires the system to change radio frequency to avoid being jammed..
Which would just mean the criminal needs a bigger jammer so they can jam the whole range that the panel is looking for a clear channel in..........

The cost of building reliable frequency ( or channel ) hopping into the system would make the system too expensive to sell. Only the military and some very critical business communication systems can afford that level of immunity to jamming.

I understand the reasoning behind the weakness related to alarms being jammed.
The wirefree alarms I use will activate if the frequency is 'swamped'
However though possible it is not that common.
Certainly not one of my clients has ever experienced someone trying to jam their system.
However my systems are not alone and grade 2 professional wirefree alarms suffer exactly the same.
If you live in an area where alarms are frequently jammed (ask your local police) then you need to be fitting a grade 3 system anyway and no group 2 kit wirefree or otherwise will protect you in an area where criminals obviously go to such lengths.
Interestingly my website has isp identification for all visitors and their linked address or url and the only searches I have seen for people looking for alarm jamming devices have eminated from either London , or Lithuania and other Near eastern European countries. Makes you think about immigration.

Sponsored Links
Certainly not one of my clients has ever experienced someone trying to jam their system.
However my systems are not alone and grade 2 professional wirefree alarms suffer exactly the same.
If you live in an area where alarms are frequently jammed (ask your local police) then you need to be fitting a grade 3 system anyway and no group 2 kit wirefree or otherwise will protect you in an area where criminals obviously go to such lengths.
Interestingly my website has isp identification for all visitors and their linked address or url and the only searches I have seen for people looking for alarm jamming devices have eminated from either London , or Lithuania and other Near eastern European countries. Makes you think about immigration.

can you name any G3 radio gear? fact is you totally misunderstand the grading issue and its obvious you`ve been reading the Cooper "alarms made easy" guide - keep it up, the more you fit the more money I make.

can you name any G3 radio gear? fact is you totally misunderstand the grading issue and its obvious you`ve been reading the Cooper "alarms made easy" guide - keep it up, the more you fit the more money I make.

Can you name any decent dermitologists?

I don't do grade 3 or get involved with grade 3 so it is totally irrelevant to me at present.
You may have to wait a while to make the money you say related to what I fit because my customers are happy.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back