wireless alarm

Comes down to budget and setting things up correctly and suitability in the first place.

Wireless in general isnt as cheap as the hard wired equivalent, but installation time can be much longer with hardwired especially if your having no cables at all showing.

I know that each installer has his preferred system, usually based on the issues they have had over time

If you can find any installerthats happy with everything i would be surprised

Sponsored Links
I have a feeling that you are saying Wireless because you want something fairly inexpensive that you can install yourself in an afternoon. Is that right? It can be done, and it's a valid choice, but for more money and more time, you could get something better, if you have the desire and the funds. How much do you want to spend? Have you already done your doors, windows and locks?

I have installed a few wireless systems, when I had the objectives I mention, but in my home and my commercial premises, I have pro wired for business reasons.

It amuses me that the annual maintenance and monitoring charges on each of the pro alarms exceed the total cost of the wireless systems (which have an annual cost of about £6 on batteries).

I have been very happy with the performance of the wireless systems. I have not experienced myself, and have never met anyone who has seen, a wireless system defeated by a determined burglar who jammed it. If you were, for example, a person who keeps a lot of gold at home for public display at family weddings and festivals, you would need a higher level of security, and you would probably get robbed anyway.

Not made my mind up but the one in the home now stopped working, like I said before a friend got it working only for a week, I replace the main box and control panel , again someone else did all the technical part again lasted small, time, I then replace all new pir box outside new wires but not fixed down couple of days it went again

Out of interest what sysyem do you have now and what problems are you expetiencing with and what did your mate do last time to get it working for a week as it sounds like your current system may work with some tlc for longer than a week but difficult to day without more info.

Out of interest what sysyem do you have now and what problems are you expetiencing with and what did your mate do last time to get it working for a week as it sounds like your current system may work with some tlc for longer than a week but difficult to day without more info.

it an Honeywell ade accenta which one exactly am not sure without taken every thing out, all they did is mess around with the main box moving some wire clips what he did I cannot say the correct term as I am not an expert

Sponsored Links
If you've already got cabling in the property, you'd probably be far better off getting a reliable engineer to look at it. An upgrade with a wired system would always be my preferred choice.

And probably cheaper !!

If you've already got cabling in the property, you'd probably be far better off getting a reliable engineer to look at it. An upgrade with a wired system would always be my preferred choice.

And probably cheaper !!

Again it comes down to money even someone reliable might look and say they cannot do any think, just for you to get a new system

Also it's sometimes cheaper in the long run to fit a midrange panel with eol wiring and full LCD English keypad , troublesome tamper or alarm issues are better to find when you don't have a global tamper and just a led indicator

Also it's sometimes cheaper in the long run to fit a midrange panel with eol wiring and full LCD English keypad , troublesome tamper or alarm issues are better to find when you don't have a global tamper and just a led indicator

What do you say as midrange panel and keypad

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back