Wireless Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking to fit an easy install wireless alarm.
I bought a Yale kit from Screwfix which was good for the money but the sensors would not fit my windows or front door which are UPVC and are half round or stepped!!!
So I returned the alarm.
Now i only have two flat even surfaces to attach the magnetic sensors to, the back door and a sliding door into the conservatory. The others are stepped and have champhered edges.
PIR is not an option, as I have a large flea bag who has the total run of the house so would set those off even if they where so called pet friendly.
Any suggestions to get around the above without wires everywhere whould be appreciated. Are there any sensors that will work on the above?

Thanks Bri

Sponsored Links
I've used the Yale door sensors, and built up a "platform" on shaped frames using semi-flexible filler, held in place with tape while it set, then a pilot hole drilled through to the frame to screw the sensor on. White silicone sealant or decorators caulk would probably do.

Thanks John, any more suggestions guys, thank you.

OK so it looks like there are no suggestions re sensors except Johns.
I have looked at this thread, https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-self-install.484052/ and I also like the look and from other threads, the Pyronix Enforcer systems.
A question by the op in that thred, asked if the system on the GSM system can or can't be armed or disarmed by sms.
Does anyone know the answer to this as I would go for that system over the cloud or PSTN.

Bri

Sponsored Links
OK so it looks like there are no suggestions re sensors except Johns.
I have looked at this thread, https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/pyronix-self-install.484052/ and I also like the look and from other threads, the Pyronix Enforcer systems.
A question by the op in that thred, asked if the system on the GSM system can or can't be armed or disarmed by sms.
Does anyone know the answer to this as I would go for that system over the cloud or PSTN.

Bri
OK, answered my own question by googling and you can use sms on GSM 9.2 and above.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back