wireless alarms

However if you want an alarm to cover your property and you don't want to disrupt your decor then a modern wireless system will do the trick.
I take issue with this statement, you have obviously never seen a 'professional' alarm installation, I'll not bother to say more.

ps Well done in resurrecting this 2 year old thread.

Sponsored Links
However if you want an alarm to cover your property and you don't want to disrupt your decor then a modern wireless system will do the trick.
I take issue with this statement, you have obviously never seen a 'professional' alarm installation, I'll not bother to say more.

There are ways and means I agree and I defer to the skill of installers who keep wires out of sight.
Modern built homes make wired systems difficult due to chipboard sheet flooring upstairs and concrete floors with laminate covering.
If they aren't first fixed then it can't often be done easily.
Housebuilders are now skipping putting in the first fix wiring any more as people accept wirefree more readily.

There are ways and means I agree and I defer to the skill of installers who keep wires out of sight.
Modern built homes make wired systems difficult due to chipboard sheet flooring upstairs and concrete floors with laminate covering.
If they aren't first fixed then it can't often be done easily.
Housebuilders are now skipping putting in the first fix wiring any more as people accept wirefree more readily.

Wireless as its place but as the last solutions, systems that where hardwired 15 years ago are still ticking, I seriously don't see the wireless kits to last as long and can see more issues occuring.

The tailored way of a quality installer doing a tailerd and secure job will always be the number one route.

The wireless kit yes is know graded but its true grade will come with time and test both in its enviroment and the future burglars that get as technical as we do.

I love to see people bumping there products but not downgrading good quality advice.

Sponsored Links
Wireless as its place but as the last solutions, systems that where hardwired 15 years ago are still ticking, I seriously don't see the wireless kits to last as long and can see more issues occuring.

The tailored way of a quality installer doing a tailerd and secure job will always be the number one route.

The wireless kit yes is know graded but its true grade will come with time and test both in its enviroment and the future burglars that get as technical as we do.

I love to see people bumping there products but not downgrading good quality advice.
On what evidence do you base your comments??
Why should there be a difference in longevity of 'the kit' between hardwired and wireless?

Technology moves on, i accept not all wireless kit is good but that view can also be applied to hard wired. This applies to all areas of the Security industry - Intruder/CCTV/Access.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back