Wireless door chime fail

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a siemens wireless door chime, tested it, worked ok, fitted it and noticed it was at best intermittent.

Took it back to BnQ and it worked flawlessly

Bought it back here, wont work flawlessly

I guess something is interfering as my car remote is shorter range at home too

Tried turning off all flourescent (energy saver) lights
Turned off my wifi (i have 2.4 and 5 GHz)
Turned off digisender

I'm at a loss now. Maybe one of my neighbours is a pirate radio station?

Any ideas anyone? I cant find the manual for the alarm :(

Sponsored Links
They normally give you half a dozen bands to avoid interference have you tried the other bands.
They need to match both on the main box and the sender (bell push).
Suprised B&Q didn't tell you this.

Is the button mounted on PVCU door frame? At the bottom of instructions it usually warns you not to mount on pvcu. You only find this when you have opened packaging.

Foil backed plasterboard?
Other items on the same frequency?
Are there any dip switches there? Try changing them ( both the same of course).

Sponsored Links
Hmm, it was mounted near the lock (over hole if old wired one), moving it down below that seems to have worked

Very poor range.

And no, its a wooden door

I have the same doorbell, purchased from B&Q. The button and receiver are about 2 meters apart, and the button covers the position of the old wired doorbell.

Mine is working fine, through a 2 block wall with insulation between. My wireless (2.4GHz) router is also very close by.

Strange that moving your bell down a bit resolved it!

You probably know but if you turn the receiver off, within a minute or 2 of turning it back on you must press the doorbell button, or it won't work at all!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back