Wireless doorbell

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all I have a home alarm standard from china I think but anyway it's what I have

Unit and sensors talk on 433Mhz

I had video / digi senders that kept causing interference with alarm as it also worked on 433 so binned them and got magic eye

I need A wireless bell now in my shower (so not actually for front of house lol)

This is so when water needs to be turned off in kitchen (flow is rubbish) family can sound the bell

All I can see on eBay is 433mhz bells is this standard however
Even maplin

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/uni-com-portable-door-chime-n76ce

I obviously don't want another clash which would cause interference with alarm as it messed up the siren last time and I had to pay for new

Appreciate any help
Obviously can't get wired but just something that isn't 433

Thanks

Read more: //www.diynot.com/diy/threads/digisender-and-home-alarm-interference.442655/page-2#ixzz3wqOwFOEh

Sponsored Links
They are all 433.9MHz because that is essentially the only frequency they are allowed to use.
There are a few which use 868MHz, but that is also used by various alarm systems, wireless thermostats etc.

Inevitably, if people use wireless devices they can expect interference and undesirable operation at least some of the time. As more devices are used, the problems will get much worse.

Obviously can't get wired
Why not?

Sorry I should make clear

Bell/button is to go in shower room upstairs

Sounder/speaker is to go in kitchen so people don't turn tap on if people are showering cos flow gets too low.....

So really I just wanna know if I can get a wireless bell that work on that frequency (433) and therefore not cause my alarm any issues

Sponsored Links
Sorry I should make clear .... Bell/button is to go in shower room upstairs ... Sounder/speaker is to go in kitchen so people don't turn tap on if people are showering cos flow gets too low.....
At least electrically speaking, a battery-operated wired one would be an option.

Kind Regards, John

But I don't want to drill anything

Just want a bell in the shower upstairs

A speaker or sounded part in the kitchen downstairs.

So it needs to be wireless - but can't be operating at 433.....which I think most are??

Make a water proof sign "DO NOT USE HOT WATER" that can be hung on the kitchen tap when people are about to have a shower.

Or invest in a sensible heating and hot water system.

Or invest in a sensible heating and hot water system.
I don't think that there is any (practical) ideal. Long-term storage of large amounts of hot water obviously has its downsides, but (unless enormous) combi-boilers etc. often come with the problem that the OP is attempting to address.

Kind Regards, John

Or - Use a speech recognition system - "I'm going in the shower now".
Assuming that we're talking about a combi-boiler, none of the suggested approaches (including the OP's proposal) are a total solution. The problem does not only arise if someone turns on a hot tap elsewhere - if the CH kicks in, that will also deprive the shower of hot water flow.

Kind Regards, John

I have a combi boiler I can't help the flow tbh u turn hot water on downstairs it limits water upstairs sometimes stop hot altogether

Hence a simple wireless bell would work a treat I'm just asking if they are all 433mhz as that would clash with alarm that's all really

Ps it's not electric shower or anything just a shower head out of bath taps fyi

The bell option is Ideal as it just means wash up later pls loll but I need help,sourcing the bell

One time 418Mhz was approved frequency for such devices, until Govt sold that band to some enterprise, we were told to phase that frequency out or else our gadgets won't work or will be susceptible to interference from powerful mobile transmitters. But as far as I know many such gadgets are still in operation on the old frequency.

I had similar problem on my Combi boiler whenever someone opened downstairs kitchen sink hot water tap, and it would stop reaching upstairs, due to limited mains pressure, but not only that often even running cold water tap downstairs would drop the water pressure to cause the boiler from firing as the minimum flow rate through its flow sensor would fall below minimum 3.5l/min, quite annoying that is, and as the boiler gets older the flow sensor diaphragm weakens due to age and stretching, often in under 1 year, the minimum flow rate of 3.5l/min goes up to 7l/min before it would fire up, and the problem becomes worst, for many years we also suffered from time to time from low mains water pressure due to high demand during peak hours, and weekends.

The only practical solution to your problem if you can't wire up or use a 433Mhz transmitters, then I suggest you can make a small gadget with a blinking LED and a 9 volt battery to run the flashing LED, switch on, and a label "BATH IN USE DO NOT OPEN HOT WATER TAP" and place it with a chain over the hot water tap. or leave it by the kitchen sink before going to bath.

Other more automatic and permanent solution would be to fit a flow sensor to your bathroom hot water pipe and wire it to a solenoid valve fitted to kitchen sink hot water pipe, with a small by pass flow, so that if someone does open the kitchen hot water tap they will only get a trickle flow of hot water and the rest will be diverted to bathroom upstairs when it is in use, when bath is not in use kitchen will get full flow.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back