Wireless doorbell

The bell I haven't tried and tbh will not try the 433mhz cos I don't want it interfering or messing alarm up in any way and last time he charged me £50 to replace siren
As I've said before, it is all but inconceivable that any sort of interference could damage a siren (or anything else) such that it needed to be replaced. If the siren needed replacing, that's because it was faulty in some way - and that might also explain why it was unusually susceptible to interference. Interference can, if bad enough, prevent the intended wireless communication from 'working', but I can't see how it can do any more/worse than that.

I suspect that all your fears are probably unfounded, and that the wireless bell (even if using 433 MHz) will not interfere significantly with anything.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
the wireless bell (even if using 433 MHz) will not interfere significantly with anything.
Agree, as the other consideration is that the doorbell will only transmit anything when the button is pressed, probably for a fraction of a second.
The video senders presumably transmitted continuously when in operation.

Sponsored Links
As far as I know, all wireless devices work on an approved and licence free common frequency such as 433Mhz, but the communication protocol or in lay mans term the transmitted coded information differs, such that one manufacture will have his own protocol so that his devices don't clash or register with other manufacturer's, receiving devices, however if manufacturers were using generic or commonly available coding and decoding integrated circuits in their applications then this is where codes could be duplicated, some therefore make a provision to allow an end user to make small changes to protocol so that transmitted code is different to a similar device using a different code, they normally provide a bank of switches to make small changes to the code or so called channel setting, so likewise your bell may come with a channel set switch, and may have two or more channels to choose from, the idea is if your neighbour also owns the same brand of door bell, then his may set off yours and visa versa, so one of you will have to change the channel switch so that two door bells won't trigger each others door bell, same way your alarm panel that communicates with your external alarm bell may be getting triggered by an identical code from that door bell transmitter so if your bell has a channel setting switch you may select a different channel setting and it may no longer set your main alarm bell off.
If you, or someone you know, and could ask, were to read that aloud, would you or they really read it as written?

We have full stops for a reason - please use them.

I said what can I do he said the pipes into house are old and narrow and don't allow for a big flow

Do you want a water tank I said no

So we kept existing which is fine - just better when taps ain't turned on whilst showering

Mega flow was expensive

Wasn't sure alternative ..

Well - if the hot supply to the shower is accessible anywhere (under the bath or floor, surely?) get someone to install a thermal switch which operates a discreet light in the kitchen.

Yes the panel is removable thank you for suggestion will ask builder next time he's round else they my luck at the 433 bell :)

but (unless enormous) combi-boilers etc. often come with the problem that the OP is attempting to address.
Has nobody heard of thermostatic mixer valves?
I presume that's what we're talking about (how else does one control the shower temperature when the water is gas heated?) - but that doesn't avoid the problem the OP is experiencing.

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back